The State of New York ranks fourth in new vehicle sales each year, and it is only reasonable that a certain number of those vehicles will turn out to be lemons. A “lemon” is a car, truck or SUV that often needs repairs, sometimes for a single recurring issue, or even for a number of problems. While it is reasonable to expect that some vehicles will be lemons, it is unreasonable to expect you to put up with one indefinitely.
Lemon Larry is a service that can help you with making a claim for replacement or reimbursement under New York State lemon laws. These laws exist to protect consumers just like you from getting stuck with a defective vehicle. Lemon Larry has developed a 7-question test you can take to see if your vehicle qualifies as a lemon. If you qualify, we can connect you with an experienced New York lemon law attorney who can help you with information and legal representation.
Here are the basics:
- Lemon Larry is not an attorney – we are a free service to consumers
- New York lemon laws provide a way for you to receive a replacement vehicle or reimbursement
- A New York lemon law attorney can handle all the negotiations for you with skill
- NY Law requires vehicle dealers to cover all legal fees when handling lemon law claims
- If you qualify, you could receive a replacement vehicle or reimbursement for FREE!
How Do I Know If My Vehicle is a Lemon?
You may have had some problems with a vehicle, but how do you know if your issues meet the legal criteria set forth in New York law for a lemon vehicle? Simply not liking a vehicle or the fact that it required several days for repairs does not necessarily make it a lemon. In order for your vehicle to qualify as a lemon under New York State lemon laws, the vehicle must meet these conditions:
- Was covered by a warranty at original delivery; AND
- Was purchased, leased or transferred within the earlier of 18,000 miles or two years from the date of original delivery; AND
- Was either purchased, leased or transferred in New York State or is presently registered in the state; AND
- Is used primarily for personal purposes.
Sometimes these cases can become confusing over the “duty to repair” clause in the law. New York provides specific guidelines for determining a “reasonable chance for a manufacturer or its authorized agent to repair a problem.” Either of the following criteria must be met:
- Four or more attempts to repair and the problem continues to exist; OR
- The car is out of service by reason of repair of one or more problems for a cumulative total of 30 days or more.
And these stipulations must have occurred within the first two years or 18,000 miles after you purchased the vehicle, whichever happened first. We know this can be somewhat confusing. In fact, many consumers simply decide to put up with their lemon out of confusion and despair. Lemon Larry simplifies the process with our 7-question test. Take this test today to see if your vehicle qualifies as a lemon!
Find an Experienced Lemon Law Claim Lawyer in New York
Lemon Larry is your easy connection with an experienced lemon law claim lawyer in New York. Don’t fret over the complexities of the state lemon laws and wonder if you are just stuck with a lemon car, truck or SUV. Also, did you know that New York lemon laws even cover motorcycles?
Get the help you need and ditch that lemon! Take Lemon Larry’s simple 7-question test to get started today!